Posting Date: January 11, 2018 - Closing Date: February 14, 2018
Business Name:The Shaw Group
Business Address:1101 Highway 2, Lantz, NS B2S 1M9
Location of Position:Lantz
Terms of Employment:Full time
Salary Range:To be determined, Benefits
Start Date:As soon as possible
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada’s leading natural resource manufacturers and land developers, employing approximately 550 people and producing nearly 1,000 individual products. With a rich 150-year history, the company has a reputation for reliable products, strong leadership, and innovation.
We’ve been named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies for the past 10 years. The Shaw Group has won many national and provincial awards including safety awards and a national export award with a special citation for job creation.
You have a strong knowledge and practice of safe work habits and procedures at all times. You are exceptional with machining and precision measurement skills, mechanical trouble shooting and problem solving skills. You are customer focused and understand how to prioritize and multi-task with a sense of urgency when required. You are a team player and use your interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with your customers and your team.
We are currently recruiting a MECHANIC to do regular maintenance and service (oil, grease and filter, change tires, belt, etc.) to mobile equipment i.e. forklifts, loaders; to assist licensed mechanics with repairs to mobile equipment; to keep records of service and repairs to equipment; to keep an inventory of materials required for service and maintenance and ensure available when needed; and to keep work area clean and organized. Will be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Grade XII or equivalent
- Post-secondary training and/or experience in a mechanical field will be considered an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong sense of safety
- Applicable safety training will be considered an asset, but may be provided, including Forklift, WHMIS, Fall Arrest, First Aid & CPR, Lock Out/Tag Out, etc.
- Ability to work without supervision and to get along well with others
- Good organizational skills
- Appreciation of production environment and the sense of urgency required
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required to accommodate equipment down times
Reading, Working with Others, Problem Solving, Continuous Learning
Motivation, Accountability, Time Management
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please forward your resume to: Email: [email protected] Confidential Fax: 902-883-8151