Posting Date: January 12, 2018 - Closing Date: January 19, 2018
Business Name:Truro Homeless Outreach Society
Business Address:862 Prince Street, Truro, NS
Location of Position:Truro, NS
Terms of Employment:Full time, 40 hours per week. This is a Job Creation Partnership funded Position. Eligible candidates must be an unemployed person who is receiving or has received employment benefits (EI) within the previous 60 months.
Salary Range:To be determined
Start Date:January 29th, 2017
Position Statement: THOS strives to provide a safe healthy positive and nurturing environment for its volunteers. THOS will endeavour to minimize any risk involved in the volunteers experience and will provide all necessary and appropriate training and supervision.
Position Summary: In cooperation with the Board of Directors and Team Leaders, the Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible to ensure that all Hub House volunteers are properly screened and trained, matched with suitable volunteer opportunities, respond to any volunteer issues and maintain the master volunteer schedule.
- Work with the Volunteer Committee to recruit, screen and train volunteers
- Maintain a master list of volunteers and their volunteer preferences
- Match volunteers with suitable volunteer opportunities
- Maintain a master volunteer schedule and work with team leaders to ensure that every shift or duty has proper coverage
- Provide support to team leaders as required.
- Respond to volunteer issues such as health and safety hazards or contravention of policies as required
- Work with the Executive Committee to respond to conflicts involving volunteers
- Provide a monthly needs and statistical report to the Board of Directors
- Determine the need for volunteers from time to time as needs arise
Working with Others, Document Use, Communications Skills, Problem Solving
Motivation, Accountability, Time Management, Stress Management
How to Apply:
Email resume to [email protected]