Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Posting Date: February 09, 2018 - Closing Date: February 28, 2018
Business Name:HMS Host
Contact Person:Beverly Jollimore
Business Address:1 Bell Blvd, Suite 2080A, Enfield, NS B2T 1K2
Location of Position:Enfield, Halifax Airport
Terms of Employment:Full time
Salary Range:To be negotiated based on experience; benefits
Start Date:As soon as possible
HMS Host, located in the Halifax Stanfield International Airport, is currently recruiting an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager.
Rotating schedules, mostly AM shifts, 4:30 am to 2:00 pm. Some PM shifts will be required. This is an hourly paid position, wage to be negotiated based on experience.
The successful candidate will be part of a management team that will support our newest casual/fine dining restaurant that is currently under construction and set to open in March, as well as our two Starbucks locations.
The Assistant F&B Manager typically supports the manager of a store group with medium sales volume and moderately complex operations, and is responsible for day-to-day supervising of non-management associates, assigning work to non-management associates, focusing on store level operation performance, coaching and developing non-management associates and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned Management of which associate is capable of performing. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Operations Manager, depending on local requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of non-management associates
- Assigns work responsibilities, prepares schedules, and ensures that all shifts are covered
- Prepares daily orders, ensures units are stocked with appropriate levels of product and coaches Shift Supervisors on order procedures
- Conducts and coordinates on-the-job training for associates, and ensures all associates receive basic skills training to perform their jobs
- Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Provides recommendations for hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other status change of associates within the store
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires 2 or more years of job-related experience in medium volume and/or multi-unit Food and Beverage or Merchandise operations or other related management experience.
- Requires previous experience as an assistant manager or supervisor
- Demonstrates team management, delegation and issue resolution skills and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates knowledge of HMS Host policies and product, service, quality, equipment and operations standards
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
Working with Others, Communications Skills, Problem Solving
Attitude, Accountability, Team Work, Adaptability, Confidence
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: www.hmshost.com/careers; Email your resume to [email protected] or Fax your resume to 902-873-3607