Continuing Care Assistant CCA
Posting Date: April 12, 2018 - Closing Date: June 30, 2018
Business Name:Nurse Next Door
Contact Person:Hendrik Botha
Business Address:6820 Chebucto Road, Halifax, NS B3L1M2
Location of Position:Colchester & East Hants Counties
Terms of Employment:We have both Full time and Part time positions available.
Salary Range:To be determined
Start Date:May 1, 2018
Nurse Next Door provides Nova Scotia residents with compassionate and flexible home care delivered by exceptional staff. Our personalized home care services are suited to individual needs to help seniors maintain the independence and dignity they deserve.
Nurse Next Door home care is an affordable and one-on-one caring solution for the busy family to keep loved ones happy and healthy at home.
Understanding that emergencies happen any time, any day, we are happy to provide 24/7 service to families in their community with caregivers who understand.
Our Pillars of Caring
Attentive visits, delicious meals and light housekeeping.
A comfortable and safe home – support with life’s essentials, bathing, personal care.
Daily, live in, or complex caring. A qualified LPN or RN nurse ensure attentive caring.
Our purpose is Making Lives Better. We help seniors stay in their homes for as long as they choose, our real talent is caring and connecting to senior’s hearts. We are not just another home care company fulfilling daily tasks, we are a company that admires people and seeks to make a difference in everything we do. By working at Nurse Next Door you will be part of a growing company that is making a positive impact in senior’s lives.
As a Nurse Next Door Caregiver, you enjoy working collaboratively but with a high degree of autonomy and thrive by making client care come to life and seeing results. In addition to understanding the importance of client care, in this role you also understand the importance of clear, actionable plans that deliver results.
You are passionate about Making Lives Better and:
- Always put clients first
- Have a warm and caring heart
- Think of creative solutions and always find a better way
- Follow through with commitments and build great relationships
- Go above and beyond (even when no one is looking!)
As a Nurse Next Door Caregiver, a day in the life will require:
- Passion for delivering Happier Aging and client focused care in home and community settings
- Self-leadership and the ability to have intentional, compassionate conversations
- Assisting clients with activities of daily living: healthy meal preparation, personal care, light housekeeping, errands, companionship, transportation, according to own experience/skill
- Meeting safety standards, using equipment safely and accurately
- Communication skills, both written and verbal at a high school graduate level
- Providing premium care approach to clients and their family members
- Ability to work remotely, by driving and using public transit to get to client visits
- Responding to Care Services regarding scheduling inquiries and updates
- Reviewing progress notes prior to beginning a visit, completing records accurately and carrying out all assignments as requested
- Two positive professional references
- Background or Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search (updated every 5 years for continued employment)
- Negative TB test (updated every 5 years for continued employment)
- Proof of health care certification
We Makes Lives Better every day for our clients and staff, and our four Core Values truly represent the soul of our company:
- Passionate about Making a Difference
- Admire People
- Wow Customer Experience
- Find a Better Way
We love Making Lives Better – let’s start with yours!
Must have a CCA certificate.
Reading, Document Use, Communications Skills, Problem Solving
Motivation, Attitude, Accountability, Adaptability, Confidence
How to Apply:
Please email resume.