Posting Date: February 08, 2018 - Closing Date: March 20, 2018
Business Name:Tatamagouche Centre
Business Address:259 Loop Route 6, Tatamagouche, NS
Location of Position:Tatamagouche
Terms of Employment:14 - 40 hours/week, depending on bookings
Salary Range:$14-$16 per hour
Start Date:April 4, 2018
About the Tatamagouche Centre:
The Tatamagouche Centre is an education and retreat centre which invites and challenges people from diverse backgrounds to personal wholeness, right relationships, respect for creation and justice in the world.
Capacity to work positively with diverse groups is a requirement.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Working with head cook and independently to prepare, serve, and clean up from buffet-style meals to guests of the Tatamagouche Centre.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment in compliance with provincial regulations.
- Ability and willingness to provide home-made food, avoiding pre-prepared items.
- Ability to maintain a positive working environment, to communicate positively, and to give and receive feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to accommodate dietary restrictions.
- Ability to interact with the public, particularly with diverse populations, in a friendly and respectful manner.
- Experience in food preparation and cooking in restaurant or institutional settings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidate should have a valid Food Handling Certificate – or willingness to get one.
Working with Others, Communications Skills, Continuous Learning
Motivation, Attitude, Accountability, Time Management, Team Work, Adaptability
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] or drop application off to the Tatamagouche Centre, 259 Loop Route 6, Tatamagouche, NS.