Posting Date: January 31, 2018 - Closing Date: March 31, 2018
Business Name:Fox Harb’r Resort
Contact Person:Ann Jeffreys
Business Address:1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Wallace, NS B0K 1Y0
Location of Position:Wallace
Terms of Employment:Seasonal
Salary Range:$11.50 to $13.50 per hour; gratuity
Start Date:May 1, 2018
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star, 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait in Wallace, Nova Scotia. We are offering a unique opportunity for you to experience a 5 Star Luxury work environment. With this opportunity you will be presented with a distinctive career, experience, and benefits in a World Class setting.
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team.
Our benefits include:
Competitive wages, Gratuities
Discounts at the Resort’s Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Room
Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
Team Member housing availability
General Description: To consistently provide quality and production for daily line and banquet preparation in an organized and effective manner. Reporting to the Executive Chef.
1. To ensure all menu items are prepared efficiently to standard and to customer requirements
2. To ensure all mis en place is completed in a timely and efficient manner
3. To ensure the cleanliness and proper storage of all food product
4. To follow all appropriate provincial health regulations and food handling techniques
5. Maintain clean and organized work area.
6. To be cognizant of food cost, portion, and waste controls.
1. Must be obsessed with food and have a keen interest in the culinary arts
2. 2 years experience in a similar position
3. Ability to maintain food quality and presentation standards within a consistency based framework
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
5. Must display attention to detail
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a team effectively
Reading, Working with Others, Document Use, Communications Skills, Numeracy, Writing, Problem Solving, Computer Skills, Continuous Learning
Stress Management, Presentation, Team Work, Adaptability, Confidence
How to Apply:
If you have the talent, dedication and level of commitment we’re looking for and would like to advance your career in hospitality at Fox Harb’r Resort, submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Department Ann Jeffreys Email: [email protected] Mail: 1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Wallace, NS B0K 1Y0 While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.