Food & Beverage Server
Posting Date: June 27, 2018 - Closing Date: July 26, 2018
Business Name:Fox Harb’r Resort
Contact Person:Ann Jeffreys
Business Address:1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Wallace, NS B0K 1Y0
Location of Position:Wallace
Terms of Employment:Seasonal
Salary Range:$11.00 per hour; gratuity
Start Date:As soon as possible
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star, 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait in Wallace, Nova Scotia. We are offering a unique opportunity for you to experience a 5 Star Luxury work environment. With this opportunity you will be presented with a distinctive career, experience, and benefits in a World Class setting.
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team. Our benefits include:
Competitive wages, Gratuities
Discounts at the Resort’s Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Room
Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
Team Member housing availability
General Description: Courtesy and efficiency are paramount in any Food Services capacity. The F&B Server plays a key role in the operation to maintain the necessary liaison with guests as well as a balanced relationship with fellow team members in the day-to-day operation. Professionalism and organizational skill are necessary for success in this position. Reporting to the F&B Supervisor, Food & Beverage Director.
1. Take a responsible role in day-to-day operation, maintaining and assisting others in the appearance and operating efficiency of all dining areas.
2. To perform all aspects of service expectations and any necessary extra duties as assigned.
3. To adhere to company policies and departmental procedures.
4. To ensure all menu items are entered in POS quickly and correctly with follow up with kitchen team members.
5. To become aware and knowledgeable of all menu specials, shortages or item specifics on a per shift/day basis as well as knowledge of existing menus.
6. To ensure the cleanliness and proper storage of all products, tools and workspaces.
7. To ensure all health regulations and food safety techniques are followed.
8. Maintain clean and organized work area.
9. To be diligent in reporting any breakage, incident or safety concern to supervisor or F&B Director.
10. To ask for assistance in areas of service or procedural performance as needed.
11. Maintain the security of information, key control areas, inventories and time management not only displaying responsible actions, but also encouraging them in others.
12. Learn and know areas of product knowledge, service techniques and procedures.
13. Completion of closing tasks such as reports preparation, checklist of completed duties and a synopsis of the shift/day/night where pertinent information is recorded for follow-up or as reporting for incoming team members.
14. Closing tasks may also include the safe and clean state of departure from premises; ensuring areas are locked, closed or turned off as required.
1. At least one year service experience
2. Experience in luxury hotel or fine dining an asset
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
4. Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
5. Ability to work independently and as part of a team effectively
6. Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Reading, Working with Others, Document Use, Communications Skills, Numeracy, Writing, Problem Solving, Computer Skills, Continuous Learning
Motivation, Attitude, Accountability, Time Management, Stress Management, Presentation, Team Work, Adaptability, Confidence
How to Apply:
If you have the talent, dedication and level of commitment we’re looking for and would like to advance your career in hospitality at Fox Harb’r Resort, submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Department, Ann Jeffreys Email: [email protected] Mail: 1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Wallace, NS B0K 1Y0 While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.