General Farm Labourer
Posting Date: January 31, 2018 - Closing Date: March 31, 2018
Business Name:Fox Harb’r Resort
Contact Person:Ann Jeffreys
Business Address:1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Wallace, NS B0K 1Y0
Location of Position:Wallace
Terms of Employment:Seasonal
Salary Range:To be determined
Start Date:May 1, 2018
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait in Wallace, Nova Scotia. We are offering a unique opportunity for you to experience a 5 Star Luxury work environment. With this opportunity you will be presented with a distinctive career, experience, and benefits in a World Class setting.
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team.
Our benefits include:
Discounts at the Resort’s Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Room
Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
Team Member housing availability
Summary of position: The General Farm Labourer is responsible for planting, pruning and all other maintenance duties of vineyard and vegetables. Reporting to Vineyard Manager and/or Groundskeeper.
1. Planting, cultivating, weeding, pruning and harvesting crops.
2. Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools and equipment.
3. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
4. Comply with all company policies and regulations.
5. Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations.
6. Perform other duties as directed by manager/supervisor.
1. No experience or education required.
2. Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
3. Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time.
4. Enjoy working outdoors.
Reading, Working with Others, Communications Skills
Motivation, Attitude, Time Management, Team Work, Adaptability
How to Apply:
If you have the talent, dedication and level of commitment we’re looking for and would like to advance your career in hospitality at Fox Harb’r Resort, submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Department, Ann Jeffreys Email: [email protected] Mail: 1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Wallace, NS B0K 1Y0 Fax: 902-257-1701 While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.