Guest Service Attendant
Posting Date: January 31, 2018 - Closing Date: March 31, 2018
Business Name:Fox Harb’r Resort
Contact Person:Ann Jeffreys
Business Address:1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Wallace, NS B0K 1Y0
Location of Position:Wallace
Terms of Employment:Seasonal
Salary Range:$12.50 per hour
Start Date:May 1, 2018
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star, 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait in Wallace, Nova Scotia. We are offering a unique opportunity to an individual to experience a 5 Star Luxury work environment. With this opportunity you will be presented with a distinctive career, experience, and benefits in a World Class setting.
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team. Our benefits include:
Competitive wages, Gratuities
First Season Welcome Bonus
Discounts at the Resort’s Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Room
Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
Team Member housing availability
General Description: To extend warm hospitality and provide excellent customer service to our guests.
1. Welcome guests to Fox Harb’r and ensure they receive a sense of warmth and hospitality every time they deal with Guest Services either by phone or in person.
2. Greet and register Resort guests in a courteous and efficient manner within Fox Harb’r Resort’s guidelines for cashiering.
3. Collect and receipt of payment from guests upon check out in a courteous and efficient manner within Fox Harb’r Resort’s guidelines for cashiering
4. Communicate all special amenity requirements, priority cleaning assignments and changes in room status and late checkouts to Housekeeping Department and the Bell Persons.
5. Provide impeccable guest service through continuous communication with the Bell Persons for luggage, courtesy transportation and other guest needs.
6. Accept, confirm, modify or cancel reservations.
7. Accept and relay all room service orders.
8. Be fully knowledgeable on all resort rates, packages and events.
9. Provide information to our guests on all the services Fox Harb’r Resort provides (Golf, Spa, Food & Beverage, marina etc.)
10. Perform any other guest service duties as required, (deliveries to guests, handling of complaints).
11. Accept and communicate Guest aviation information.
12. Take immediate and positive action within the guidelines provided in the event of emergency alarm or situation of any nature. Responsible for the full knowledge of fire and safety procedures.
13. Maintain the proper inventory of front desk supplies.
14. Completion of closing tasks such as, balancing at end of shift, checklist of completed duties, entering pertinent information into logbook ad passing on information to the next shift.
15. Execute all reasonable additional assignments determined by Supervisor or Management Personnel.
16. Be a member of the Fox Harb’r Guest Services Team, remember at all times we are here not only to serve our guests but also to exceed their demands.
1. Computer and typing skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
2. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, professional telephone manner and presentation.
3. A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
4. Enrollment in or completion of a Hospitality Management course is preferred.
5. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Reading, Working with Others, Document Use, Communications Skills, Numeracy, Writing, Problem Solving, Computer Skills, Continuous Learning
Motivation, Attitude, Accountability, Time Management, Stress Management, Presentation, Team Work, Adaptability, Confidence
How to Apply:
If you have the talent, dedication and level of commitment we’re looking for and would like to advance your career in hospitality at Fox Harb’r Resort, submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Department, Ann Jeffreys Email: [email protected] Mail: 1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Wallace, NS B0K 1Y0 While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.