Posting Date: February 12, 2018 - Closing Date: February 25, 2018
Business Name:Great Northern Timber Pellet Mill
Business Address:201-1883 Upper Water Street, Halifax, NS B3J 1S9
Location of Position:Middle Musquodoboit
Terms of Employment:Full time; 4 on/4 off rotating shift work, 12-hour day/night shifts
Salary Range:To be determined
Start Date:March 3, 2018
Great Northern Timber is a vertically integrated Maritime owned and operated company with over 45 employees working at our facilities in Nova Scotia and in our Head Office in Halifax. We bring superior forest products to the world taking the long-term view when it comes to forest management.
As stewards of a vital natural resource, we meet and exceed the industry standards for sustainable forest management. We are committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment.
At GNT you’ll be part of an environment that welcomes new ideas and creates confidence in your ability to grow and achieve. Because our people are our future we give you what you need to thrive. Best of all, you’ll work with people who have a similar passion for their work, and approach everything they do with energy and integrity.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Lead Hand is responsible for plant production for a work shift at Great Northern Timber Resources Inc. wood pellet mill. You will be responsible for running the plant in an efficient, safe manner, using proactive problem-solving of issues in order to avoid production downtime. This is to maintain uninterrupted plant operation.
• High school graduation, GED or equivalent experience required
• 1 – 2 years’ experience working in a plant environment, ideally in the Pellet Mill industry and leading a team.
• Knowledge of managing warehouse space, operating mill equipment and systems and mechanical/electrical repair concepts
• Knowledge of Mill production methods and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks without losing focus on the details
• Ability to work independently on a timely basis with a strong sense of urgency
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
• Working experience with computers especially with the Microsoft office program is an asset.
• Knowledge and observation of safe work practices required.
Reading, Working with Others, Document Use, Communications Skills, Writing, Problem Solving, Computer Skills, Continuous Learning
Motivation, Attitude, Accountability, Time Management, Stress Management, Team Work, Adaptability, Confidence
How to Apply:
Apply through Indeed.ca