Millwright (Industrial Mechanic) : Shaw Group
Posting Date: July 17, 2018 - Closing Date: July 31, 2018
Business Name:The Shaw Group
Location of Position:Lantz
Terms of Employment:Full time
Salary Range:To be determined; benefits
Start Date:July 23, 2018
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada’s leading natural resource manufacturers and land developers, employing approximately 550 people and producing nearly 1,000 individual products. With a rich 150-year history, the company has a reputation for reliable products, strong leadership, and innovation.
We’ve been named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies for the past 10 years. The Shaw Group has won many national and provincial awards including safety awards and a national export award with a special citation for job creation.
We are currently looking for an Industrial Mechanic for our Lantz, NS operations.
Consideration with be given to Apprentice and candidates with trade related experience.
You have a strong knowledge and practice of safe work habits and procedures at all times. You are exceptional with machining and precision measurement skills, mechanical trouble shooting and problem solving skills. You are customer focused and understand how to prioritize and multi-task with a sense of urgency when required. You are a team player and use your interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with your customers and your team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and repair of pneumatic and hydraulic production equipment, including forklifts and other equipment.
- Providing advice and support to production employees who carry out preventative maintenance procedures on production equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance on mid-sized or specialized equipment not maintained by production employees.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records and keeping the preventative maintenance system up to date and accurate.
- Working with and supports Stationary Engineers, Industrial Electricians, production employees and supervisors with troubleshooting, problem solving, repair, and maintenance of the physical plant and production equipment.
- Other mechanical duties as may be required to support and maintain production and the physical plant.
You will have the following qualifications:
- Nova Scotia Licensed Millwright-Industrial Mechanic.
- Minimum three years of experience as an Industrial Mechanic, preferably in a production environment.
- Welding background is required.
- Competent in computer skills, including the use of e-mail, the internet, MPS systems.
Reading, Working with Others, Document Use, Communications Skills, Numeracy, Writing, Problem Solving, Computer Skills, Continuous Learning
Motivation, Attitude, Accountability, Time Management, Stress Management, Team Work, Adaptability, Confidence
How to Apply:
Apply via email: [email protected] or drop off your resume to our Lantz location 1101 Highway 2.