Ramp Services Agent
Posting Date: January 19, 2018 - Closing Date: March 06, 2018
Contact Person:Coleen Aldred
Location of Position:Enfield
Terms of Employment:Part time, additional shifts available
Salary Range:$12.00 per hour
Start Date:As soon as possible
Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake.
Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.
15 positions to fill, approximately 20 hours per week, can sign up for additional shifts, shifts are 4-8 hours as we operate 24/7, starting wage $12.00 per hour, uniforms provided, as well as, parking passes for the Halifax International Airport. Great benefits and company pension after one year.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Previous ramp experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license, as well as ability to obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance.
- Steel toed boots
- Good communication and Language skills
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Excellent Health & Safety awareness
- Lift heavy objects that could reach 70 pounds (32 kilograms)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
- Marshall aircraft during arrival and departure
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors, tow bars, belt loaders, container loaders, baggage tugs, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft ground power units, aircraft air start units, air stairs, aircraft de-icing units, baggage carts, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load mail, live animals, wheelchairs and child strollers onto aircraft
- Service aircraft water and lavatories
- Inspect ramp areas adjacent to gate and aircraft for debris and remove/dispose of when found.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Working with Others, Communications Skills, Problem Solving
Motivation, Attitude, Time Management, Team Work, Adaptability, Confidence
How to Apply:
Send your resume to [email protected]