Security Compliance Officer
Posting Date: January 19, 2018 - Closing Date: December 31, 2018
Business Name:G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd.
Contact Person:Christa Hurst
Business Address:3770 Kempt Road, 200A, Halifax, NS B3K 4X8
Location of Position:Halifax Airpot
Terms of Employment:Casual, part time leading to full time
Salary Range:$12.48 per hour
Start Date:As soon as possible
G4S is Canada’s leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring/training security professionals to meet all our client’s needs. Airport security is vital to any successful airport operation. G4S partners with HSIA airport to run their operation smoothly.
• Must possess and maintain a valid RAIC. If a person doesn’t have a RAIC they would be placed in baggage, carts and curbside positions until they receive their RAIC. This process takes up to 6 months
• Ability to communicate in both oral and written form with Service Providers and HSIA Staff.
• Able to work in construction site settings (which may consist of noise, dirt and odors from machinery and the airport operation environment).
• Must be available 24/7 schedule. All shifts are 12 hours
• Personnel must have knowledge of relevant Federal regulations and standards pertaining to restricted areas, surveillance and site-specific security procedures.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Security License
• Must be 19 years of age for licensing, must possess valid First Aid, CPR and AED
• Must complete G4S Basic Assessment Program and have Superior customer service skills
• Recognize the importance of all customers and the role every G4S Employee plays in influencing our client’s and their customers’ perceptions. While engaged is security operations, it is a G4S employee’s responsibility to be professional, reliable, credible, responsive and friendly while maintaining a professional security posture.
• Escort and monitor contractors in secure/sensitive areas of airport.
• Ensure that all contractors have valid temporary passes to work in assigned areas.
• Demonstrate an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace.
• Respond and react to all emergency situations that may occur at the workplace and client facilities within the scope of a G4S security guard.
• Maintain complete, accurate and up to date patrol notes, incident reports and information management system entries as required.
• Other security related duties assigned on occasion from G4S clients’ and G4S management.
Reading, Working with Others, Document Use, Communications Skills, Writing, Continuous Learning
Motivation, Attitude, Accountability, Time Management, Presentation, Team Work, Adaptability, Confidence
How to Apply:
Send resume to [email protected]