Seniors’ Technology Trainer
Posting Date: February 01, 2018 - Closing Date: February 23, 2018
Business Name:Colchester-East Hants Public Library
Contact Person:Bill Morgan or Tim Tucker
Business Address:754 Prince Street, Truro, NS B2N 1G9
Location of Position:Truro
Terms of Employment:Term; February 20 to April 30/200 hours/20 hours per week.
Salary Range:$15.00 per hour
Start Date:February 20, 2018
Public Library setting.
- High School diploma with some post secondary education
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a person who has refugee protection which has been conferred under the Immigration’s and Refugee Protection Act and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- A successful RCMP Criminal Records Check
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation (proof of insurance required)
- Must be familiar with and have a working knowledge of hardware like laptops, tablets and smartphones and software like Windows, Android and iOS and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and written communication
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with the public and community organizations
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Review and update previously created training materials to ensure relevance.
- Develop lessons, both group and one-to-one, based on community need.
- Determine resources needed for training.
- Develop PowerPoint presentation(s) as required.
- Create promotional materials.
- Create handouts and cheat sheets for tablets, laptops and mobile devices.
- Create an exit survey for all lessons to ensure numbers and type of learning are being tracked.
- Create a form to collect as many statistics as possible
- Respond to trends.
- Other duties as identified as project moves forward.
- Meet with @NS Executive Director (and possibly others) as required for direction either online or in person.
Reading, Working with Others, Document Use, Communications Skills, Numeracy, Writing, Problem Solving, Computer Skills, Continuous Learning
Motivation, Attitude, Accountability, Time Management, Stress Management, Presentation, Team Work, Adaptability, Confidence
How to Apply:
Send resume to [email protected]; By Mail or in person Bill Morgan, Administrator, Automated and Techncial Services, Colchester-East Hants Public Library Truro, NS B2N 1G9