ADESA Halifax is hiring temporary seasonal vehicle inspectors for our peak season.
- Complete inspection of arriving vehicles for damage and ensure vehicles inspected meet the program standards as defined by the account or contract.
- Notify the Inspection manager when a vehicle does not meet the standards as defined by the account or contract.
- Maintain current information on manufacturer updates and changes concerning vehicles.
- Reduce arbitration vehicles and auction liability by completing thorough inspections.
- Submit completed condition reports to the CR Team Lead by download from hand-held device or submission of written report.
- Ensure proper follow through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and reports from auction management and corporate sources.
- Maintain a good flow of information and communication with all personnel.
- Monitor all work area conditions, vehicles, property and equipment to ensure they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety.
- Maintain good operating condition of all equipment.
- Advise the CR Team Lead of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance immediately.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times.
- Other related duties as assigned (i.e. completing yard responsibilities, declaring personal belongings left in vehicles by recording information, collection and storing, estimating approximate cost in repairing damages.)
Other Requirements :
- Valid driver’s licence and able to drive both standard and automatic transmissions
- Knowledge of physical attributes of vehicles
- High attention to detail and accuracy required
- Excellent reading and legible writing skills
- Accountable and responsible for the quality and quantity of work performed
- Able to efficiently respond to various requests at one time
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and overtime, as required
- Ability and willingness to work in various weather conditions.
- Working with Others
- Time Management
- Team Work
Interested candidates are invited to apply via www.karauctionservices.com/careers under job R-226786. Please include an up to date resume.