Evening Room Attendant
ALT Hotel Halifax
Become a Room Attendant at Alt Hotel Halifax Airport
Do you like challenges? Join a growing company that offers real opportunities for advancement.
Do you have ideas? Our management style is flexible and we encourage initiative.
Do you like to keep fit? Stay in shape thanks to the exercise room at your workplace.
Do you like to get involved? You’ll have the chance to give back by supporting the many causes that we’re involved in.
Is family close to your heart? As a family owned business it’s close to ours too! That’s why you’ll have the opportunity to invite friends and family to work during Family Day!
Do you like to travel? Take advantage of an employee discount when you stay at one of our hotels and your nearest and dearest can also benefit with the Family and Friends discount.
Willing to relocate? Gain unique work experience thanks to our network of hotels in Canada’s most beautiful cities.
Group Germain Hotels is a family run business originally from Québec that builds and operates Le Germain Hotels and Alt Hotels across the country. Ranked as one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies, our reputation is based on the impeccable warmth and hospitality with which our team welcomes our guests as well as the stylish design and comfort of our properties. Each member of our team is chosen for their sincere desire to please and their ability to work in a team!
Discover our story: https://youtu.be/RCxSGs2SFpA
Alt Hotels by Le Germain is an equal opportunity employer.
Evening Room Attendant
GDI Integrated Facility Services
Property: Alt Hotel Halifax Airport
We seeks a positive, detail orientated, flexible, multi-task, energetic person to join our team on a part-time basis. The Room Attendant will clean and maintain all assigned rooms in accordance with all housekeeping procedures and standards and safety and security rules and regulations to ensure guest satisfaction. Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Clean all assigned rooms in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storages in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, often using 3 steps ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility at all times.
- Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to have clean and sanitary rooms.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Vacuums rooms, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and moving chairs in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including hard to reach areas.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment. Previous Hotel Housekeeping
- experience is not required.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English and effectively communicate with co-workers and guest.
- Requires grasping, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Ability to lift, push and pull 30 lbs.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping supervisors.
- Available to work during weekdays and weekend (2:00 – 10:30 but may vary).
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
We would like to thank you for your application, however only those meeting the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview. Please send resume to Rhonda Fleet.