Evening Room Attendant
ALT Hotel Halifax
GDI Integrated Facility Services
Property: Alt Hotel Halifax Airport
We seek a positive, detail orientated, flexible, multi-task, energetic person to join our team on a part-time basis. The Room Attendant will clean and maintain all assigned rooms in accordance with all housekeeping procedures and standards and safety and security rules and regulations to ensure guest satisfaction. Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Clean all assigned rooms in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storages in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, often using 3 steps ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility at all times.
- Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to have clean and sanitary rooms.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Vacuums rooms, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and moving chairs in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including hard to reach areas.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
- Previous Hotel Housekeeping experience is not required.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English and effectively communicate with co-workers and guest.
- Requires grasping, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Ability to lift, push and pull 30 lbs.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping supervisors.
- Available to work during weekdays and weekend (1:30 – 10:00 but may vary).
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
We would like to thank you for your application, however only those meeting the required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Please send resume to Rhonda Fleet at email@example.com