Website Camp Tidnish - Easter Seals Nova Scotia
To provide nutritious and well balanced meals and snacks for campers and staff on a daily basis in accordance to established Camp Tidnish and Easter Seals Nova Scotia policies and procedures. You will operate, clean and maintain food services equipment and facilities, manage food safety, and practice workplace health and safety procedures.
Under the direction of the Camp Director, the Head Cook will:
- Take part in all recommended training sessions;
- Be responsible for the efficient functioning of complete kitchen operations;
- Pre-plan the menu for each camping session, at least 1 session in advance;
- Be responsible for the preparation of all meals and snacks;
- Assign responsibilities and manage the assistant cook in accordance with his/her position description;
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen at all times
- Respect meal times as closely as possible in order to compliment medication schedules and to allow for effective program delivery;
- Order food and supplies and from our designated suppliers (GFS), be able to follow or improve upon a given budget, and maintain a current inventory;
- Receive food order and invoice, and check the condition and delivery of all items; Ensure all invoices are delivered to the Camp Director.
- Be responsible to ensure all garbage is removed from the kitchen and food storage room after every meal;
- Maintain facility and food safety standards in the kitchen, in accordance with provincial regulations and Easter Seals Nova Scotia policy;
- Complete and submit an End-of-Season report to the Camp Director;
- Lead the camp food service staff in the kitchen cleaning and shutdown procedures at the end of each camp session;
- Participate in camper related activities when primary duties are completed, keeping in mind “Campers Come First”;
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a graduate of, or currently well advanced in a recognized Culinary Arts program; or have past experience providing food service for large groups
- Must have training and experience in food preparation, purchase of food and planning of menus that meet the nutritional needs of the campers. This includes knowledge of special diets such as pureed, diabetic, peanut free, ground, etc.
- Must have adequate supervisory experience and possess strong communication skills
- Must be able to work in a high stress and busy kitchen environment
- Must have knowledge of provincial and federal health regulations, policies and procedures;
- Must demonstrate initiative and have strong organizational skills
- Must be a team player
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities an asset, although not a requirement
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Stress Management
Apply Online: https://form.jotform.com/83114012017237