Accounting & Admin Coordinator (Full-Time)
Website Cheep Insurance
Atlantic Canada’s first and only 100% online insurance brokerage
Here’s what you would be doing:
- Acting as the first point of contact for incoming calls and directing them appropriately
- Assisting clients via phone or email with their payment inquiries
- Notifying clients of payment changes and reminders, cancellations
- Posting electronic payments to our internal system
- Weekly checking of accounts receivable lists and following up with clients
- Participating in internal operational improvement projects as the need arises
- Completing other administrative duties around the office as required, such as sorting mail, scanning documents, ordering catering, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes etc.
You graduated from an accredited high school and completed some additional education such as a community college/business college program or courses. (A university degree is not a prerequisite). You have a high tolerance for a busy and sometimes noisy environment and have no issues with multi-tasking. With a detail-oriented personality, you have exceptional data entry skills, entering data accurately and quickly. You are highly proficient with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as using the internet. Your customer service skills are second to none; you have an ease with speaking to people on the phone and in person in a professional manner. You have excellent written communication skills. You thrive on working independently and are self-motivated. You have the ability to be flexible and adapt to change. You have a positive attitude and are confident and competitive. You don’t mind working in a workspace with a small close-knit team rather than a large company. You might have some experience using a leading broker management system. (a “nice to have”). You are interested in continuing to advance your skills and professional development in the personal insurance industry. (The successful candidate may be eligible for paid training towards licensing as a Nova Scotia Insurance Broker, with the decision at our discretion.)Salary Range: $28,000 - $30,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Computer Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from qualified members of the visible minority community, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. Applicants from these designated groups wishing to self-identify may do so through the cover letter. Interested? Send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.