Best Western Glengarry
The Best Western Glengarry is committed to providing an exceptional guest experience through quality, well-trained staff, and impeccable customer service. We strive to create long-term relationships with our guests and aim to be the top choice for hotel accommodations, dining and conventions in Colchester County.
We are currently seeking two full-time Cooks to work various shifts that include: days, evenings, weekends and holidays. The position offers a starting salary range of $13 – $14 per hour, dependent on experience, as well as a comprehensive benefit package upon completing 6 months of employ. We are proud to offer a welcoming and safe work environment for all and promote a culture of acceptance and diversity.
Working as part of the Food Services team, you will facilitate excellent customer service to both our external customers and your co-workers. This job entails working in a fast pace environment preparing safe food in accordance with Canadian guidelines, maintaining a consistent work flow without direct supervision, preparing and cooking complete meals or individual dishes, planning menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies and preparing dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Experience as a cook or line cook is mandatory
- Food Safety certification a definite asset, or willingness to attain
- Working knowledge of standard kitchen equipment
- Maintain the highest level of food safety and hygiene
- Achieves a high standard of presentation and great attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
Passionate about the hospitality industry? Come and join our team at the Glengarry!Salary Range: $13-$14 per hour
- Additional Compensation
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org