Cook/Baker – Program Instructor for Food Services
Corridor Community Options for Adults
Corridor Community Options for Adults (C.C.O.A.) is a non-profit organization that supports people living with intellectual disabilities. We are recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our busy and growing organization. You will be part of a dynamic, high performing and collaborative team.
Does that peak your interest? Read on….
At CCOA we operate the Hidden Treasures Café & Catering, a social enterprise that allows our participants to develop skills in a work environment. We need someone like you who is willing to share their talents to assist them in making a variety of baked goods, sandwiches, soups, etc.
What do you need to be a successful applicant?
- Experience working as a baker and cook; able to read and follow recipes
- Comfortable guiding and teaching with an open-hearted approach
- Motivated and enthusiastic while implementing program activities
- Ability to assist with marketing and promotions of the café and catering through social media channels along with other advertising methods
- Possess a positive attitude while bringing new ideas and innovation to the team
- Able to work a flexible schedule while adapting to an ever-changing work environment
- Food Handlers Certificate and First Aid an asset; those willing to obtain training would be considered
- Valid drivers license, Drivers Abstract, Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector check will be required
- Must be organized with good time management skills, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
Must qualify for the Start program ( Please check with a Nova Scotia Works Centre near you)Other Requirements :
Your responsibilities would be….
- Assist participants in the café/catering to cook and prepare food items to be sold and served
- Instruct participants in the development of positive work skills and professional behaviours
- Assist with the development, planning and implementation of vocational goals
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work area while following and teaching food safety techniques
- Monitor inventory and supplies, shopping for groceries
- Prepare menus for catering opportunities
- Interact with potential customers
- Promote products
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Computer Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
Please send cover letter and resume by email to:
[email protected] Attention: Ross Young