Home Hardware Building Centres
Home Hardware is home to more than Canada’s largest independent hardware and building supplies retailer, we’re also home to a supportive workforce dedicated to helping all our customers with quality products and exceptional service. We are currently seeking a Delivery Driver for our Home Hardware Building Centres in Truro and Bible Hill.
At Home Hardware Building Centre, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from Indigenous People and African Nova Scotians.
To be successful as a Delivery Driver, you present in a professional manner, and possess the ability to interact positively and effectively with customers and co-workers in a warehouse environment. You will be entrusted to ensure the timely delivery of products and supplies to customers and vendors at jobsites or residential homes, safely operate freight handling equipment (such as forklifts, pallet jacks), and accurately verify administrative paperwork.
Home Hardware Building Centres are open to serve our customers seven days per week, therefore, the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings is a requirement to be considered for the position. We offer competitive employee wages, employee benefits packages including an available group retirement savings plan, group health and dental benefits, plus opportunities for growth
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Nova Scotia Class 5 Driver’s License with excellent driving skills and a clean driving record
- Safety minded; understand and adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines to ensure the safety of themselves, coworkers and customers
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively and constructively with customers, suppliers and coworkers
- Expertise in balancing customer needs and company demands in a deadline driven environment
- Accountable for developing strong product and service knowledge
- Proven ability to prioritize, work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and handle demanding workload
- Ability to move heavy and bulky merchandise, up to 100 lbs., for customers and sales personnel
At Home, we are dedicated to supporting our staff to help them achieve their utmost potential. Join us and enjoy an opportunity for growth in an upbeat work environment.
We strive for meaningful employment from all communities and for our team to reflect the region’s diversity, including First Nations and people of colour. We thank all applications for their interest in the position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.Salary Range: competitive wage
- Additional Compensation
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
Please send resume, cover letter and references to Joe at email@example.com, or, drop your application off in person to 451 Pictou Road, Bible Hill.