Website Divert NS
The Warehouse Worker is involved in the processing of used beverage containers (UBCs) collected under the Resource Recovery Fund Board Inc., operating as Divert NS’s beverage container recycling program and through its Enviro-Depot™ network. He/she will be required to unload, bale, store, and load processed UBCs for transport to a processing facility. They may also be involved in handling other program materials Divert NS manages (e.g. paint) and/or performing UBC quality control checks.Other Requirements :
- Unload program materials from trailers delivered to the warehouse site
- Load baled/processed materials on trailers for shipment
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and/or baler safely with required training
- Use electronic scanners and complete required paperwork daily
- Complete other necessary records as required
- Perform quality control checks of product received from Enviro-Depots to verify accuracy of product and quantity indicated on tags
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
- Perform other duties as required by supervisors.
- Must possess good communication skills to work in a team setting with other employees and outside contractors
- He/she must have good organizational skills relevant to the operation of an efficient warehouse
- He/she must be capable of performing basic maintenance checks on their equipment and fill out applicable paper work
- He/she must be physically fit and have the ability to lift and/or drag items ranging in weighting up to 75lbs
- Divert NS reserves the right to have the employee undergo a medical fitness test prior to hiring or during the probationary employment period
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
- Experience working in an operations environment operating a baler is an asset
- Forklift operating license desirable
- WHIMIS and First Aid certificates desirable
- Safety boots mandatory; other safety items will be provided.
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Team Work
This posting will remain active until the position is filled. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
35 Commercial Street, Suite 400
Truro NS B2N 3H9
Divert NS values diversity and equity. We seek applicants comprised of backgrounds that reflect the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to, age, gender, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples in Canada, and racially visible minorities.
Divert NS is a not-for-profit corporation that helps drive the culture of recycling and reducing waste in Nova Scotia. For more information on Divert NS, visit our website at www.divertns.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.