Divert NS is currently seeking a highly motivated team player to fill a full-time position as Warehouse Worker at our processing facility in Kemptown, Colchester County. The Warehouse Worker will process used beverage containers collected through Divert NS’ beverage container recycling program and the Enviro-Depot™ network. S/he will be required to unload, bale, store, and load processed bales for shipment, and may also be involved in handling other program materials (e.g. paint), and performing quality control checks.
- Unload beverage containers from trailers delivered to the warehouse
- Load baled/processed containers on trailers for shipment
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and/or baler safely, with required training
- Use electronic scanners and complete daily paperwork and other necessary records
- Perform quality control checks of containers received from Enviro-Depots to verify accuracy of product type and the quantity
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
- Perform other duties as required by supervisors.
- Must possess good communication skills to work in a team setting and with outside contractors
- Must have good organizational skills relevant to the operation of an efficient warehouse
- Must be capable of performing basic maintenance checks on equipment and complete paperwork
- Must be physically fit with the ability to lift and/or drag items ranging in weighting up to 75lbs (Divert NS reserves the right to have the employee undergo a medical fitness test prior to hiring or during the probationary employment period)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Experience working in an operations environment; operating a baler is an asset
- Desirable: forklift operating license, WHIMIS and First Aid certificates
- Safety boots are mandatory; other safety items are provided.
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Team Work
Divert NS values diversity and equity. We seek applicants comprised of backgrounds that reflect the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to, age, gender, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples in Canada, and racially visible minorities.
Please note: This posting will remain active until the position is filled. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
35 Commercial Street, Suite 400
Truro NS B2N 3H9
Divert NS is a not-for-profit corporation that helps drive the culture of recycling and reducing waste in Nova Scotia.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please. The posting will remain active until the positions are filled.