Website Earltown General Store
General Store and Bakery
Our bakery is looking to expand it’s volume and offerings for the summer season and onward. This full time bakery position would include both bread and sweets shifts. The bakery is a bright and active space. There is lots of autonomy once you are trained.
Main responsibilities would include:
- Learning how to maintain sourdough starters as well as form and bake sourdough bread.
- Preparing bread dough for the next day’s bake.
- Learning our classic recipes for sweets like bacon fat archies, butter cakes, bread pudding and hay stacks as well as an expanding selection of goodies.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work space.
- Managing bread orders.
- Following health and safety procedures.
Food safety certification is considered an asset but not necessary to be hired. First Aid certification is considered an asset but not necessary to be hired. There is heavy lifting required for around 40lbs and the use of stairs regularly.Salary Range: $13.50-$15.00 per hour starting wage depending on experience
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
Please send along an email with resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org or come on in to meet us in person! We look forward to meeting you!