Food & Beverage Supervisor
Website Fox Harb'r Resort
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star, 4 Diamond property nestled along the Northumberland Strait.
Position Reports to: Food & Beverage Director
General Description: Courtesy and efficiency are paramount in any Food Services capacity. The F&B Supervisor plays a key role in the operation to maintain the necessary liaison with guests as well as a balanced relationship with fellow team members in the day-to-day operation. Professionalism, leadership and organizational skill are necessary for success in this position.
- Take a responsible role in day-to-day operation, maintaining and assisting others in the appearance and operating efficiency of all dining areas.
- Supervise and schedule food and beverage team members.
- To perform all aspects of service expectations and any necessary extra duties as assigned.
- To adhere to company policies and departmental procedures.
- To ensure all menu items are entered in POS quickly and correctly.
- To become aware and knowledgeable of all menu specials, shortages or item specifics on a per shift/day basis as well as knowledge of existing menus.
- Order and maintain inventory control costs
- To ensure the cleanliness and proper storage of all products, tools and works paces.
- To ensure all health regulations and food safety techniques are followed.
- Maintain the security of information, key control areas, inventories and time management not only displaying responsible actions, but also encouraging them in others.
- Learn and know areas of product knowledge, service techniques and procedures.
- Completion of closing tasks such as reports preparation, checklist of completed duties and a synopsis of the shift/day/night where pertinent information is recorded for follow-up or as reporting for incoming team members.
- Closing tasks may also include the safe and clean state of departure from premises; ensuring areas are locked, closed or turned off as required.
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team. Our benefits include:
- Competitive wages, Gratuities
- Travel Fuel Allowance
- Discounts at the Resort’s Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
- Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
- Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
- Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool and Fitness Room
- Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
- Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
- Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
- Team Member housing availability
- At least one year service experience
- Completion of a food service administration, hotel or restaurant management course an asset
- Experience in luxury hotel or fine dining an asset
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team effectively
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Working with Others
- Team Work
If you have the talent, dedication and level of commitment we’re looking for and would like to advance your career in hospitality at Fox Harb’r Resort, submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Department, Ann Jeffreys
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Wallace, NS B0K 1Y0