Guest Service Agent
Website Fox Harb'r Resort
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star, 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait.
Position Reports to: Front Office Director/Supervisor
We are offering a unique opportunity to an individual to experience a 5 Star Luxury work environment. With this opportunity you will be presented with a distinctive career, experience, and benefits in a World Class setting.
General Description: To extend warm hospitality and provide excellent customer service to our guests.
- Welcome guests to Fox Harb’r and ensure they receive a sense of warmth and hospitality every time they deal with Guest Services either by phone or in person.
- Greet and register Resort guests in a courteous and efficient manner within Fox Harb’r Resort’s guidelines for cashiering.
- Collect and receipt of payment from guests upon check out in a courteous and efficient manner within Fox Harb’r Resort’s guidelines for cashiering
- Communicate all special amenity requirements, priority cleaning assignments and changes in room status and late checkouts to Housekeeping Department and the Bell Persons.
- Provide impeccable guest service through continuous communication with the Bell Persons for luggage, courtesy transportation and other guest needs.
- Accept, confirm, modify or cancel reservations.
- Accept and relay all room service orders.
- Be fully knowledgeable on all resort rates, packages and events.
- Provide information to our guests on all the services Fox Harb’r Resort provides (Golf, Spa, Food & Beverage, marina etc.)
- Perform any other guest service duties as required, (deliveries to guests, handling of complaints).
- Accept and communicate Guest aviation information.
- Take immediate and positive action within the guidelines provided in the event of emergency alarm or situation of any nature.
- Responsible for the full knowledge of fire and safety procedures.
- Maintain the proper inventory of front desk supplies.
- Completion of closing tasks such as, balancing at end of shift, checklist of completed duties, entering pertinent information into logbook ad passing on information to the next shift.
- Execute all reasonable additional assignments determined by Supervisor or Management Personnel.
- Be a member of the Fox Harb’r Guest Services Team, remember at all times we are here not only to serve our guests but also to exceed their demands.
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team. Our benefits include:
- Competitive wages, Gratuities
- Travel Fuel Allowance
- Discounts at the Resort’s Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
- Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
- Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
- Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool and Fitness Room
- Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
- Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
- Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
- Team Member housing availability
- Computer and typing skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, professional telephone manner and presentation.
- A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Enrollment in or completion of a Hospitality Management course is preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Working with Others
- Team Work
If you have the talent, dedication and level of commitment we’re looking for and would like to advance your career in hospitality at Fox Harb’r Resort, submit your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department, Ann Jeffreys
Mail: 1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Fox Harbour, NS B0K 1Y0
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.