Guest Service Supervisor
Website Fox Harb'r Resort
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star, 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait.
Position reports to: Front Office Director/Resort President
We are offering a unique opportunity for you to experience a 5 Star Luxury work environment. With this opportunity you will be presented with a distinctive career, experience, and benefits in a World Class setting.
General Description: The Guest Service Supervisor will assist with overseeing, guiding and providing the highest level of guest service through well trained and motivated guest service Team Members. The successful candidate will assist with the day to day operations of the front desk and the guest services department.
- Assist with leading the resort’s Guest Service Attendants at the Front Desk and assist with overseeing the Bell Persons.
- Assist with training, development of team members, ensuring team members are equipped to provide excellent guest service. Establish guidelines so team members understand expectations and parameters.
- Assisting Front Office Director with scheduling of the guest service team following budgeted labour goals.
- Responsible for establishing and achieving front office goals, that complements the direction of the resort.
- Communicates and implements current and new procedures and expectations.
- Responds and follows up to inquiries relating to guest comments and concerns.
- Maintain an efficient system of communication between Guest Services and other departments, with particular regard to guest arrivals, departures and occupancy patterns.
- Be fully knowledgeable on all resort rates, packages and events.
- Accept, confirm, modify or cancel room reservations
- Accept and communicate reservations for Food & Beverage, Golf Shop, Spa, Aviation and Sport Shooting etc.
- To ensure that all special requests of guests are followed through. (room blocking, VIP’s, frequent guests, etc)
- Coordinate and communicate to all appropriate departments any information pertaining to special requirements of a Guest or Group.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining Gift Certificates
- Perform all Front Desk Functions (checking in, checking out guests and answering telephones in accordance with Fox Harb’r Resort procedures when required.)
- Execute all reasonable additional assignments determined by the Front Office Director and Resort President.
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team. Our benefits include:
- Competitive wages
- Travel Fuel Allowance
- Discounts at the Resort’s Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
- Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
- Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
- Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool and Fitness Room
- Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
- Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
- Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
- Team Member housing availability
- The successful candidate must possess excellent computer skills with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous experience with a property management system is an asset.
- A post secondary education is required with a minimum of 5 years guest service experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proven ability to effectively solve problems and make decisions, professional telephone manner and presentation.
- Strong ability in training, coaching and staff development.
- Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible, work well under pressure and must have exceptional guest service skills.
- Working with Others
- Team Work
If you have the talent, dedication and level of commitment we’re looking for and would like to advance your career in hospitality at Fox Harb’r Resort, submit your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department, Ann Jeffreys
Email: [email protected]
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.