Turf & Landscape Maintenance Worker
Website Fox Harb'r Resort
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star, 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait.
Position reports to: Grounds Manager/ Assistant Manager
We are offering a unique opportunity for you to experience a 5 Star Luxury work environment. With this opportunity you will be presented with a distinctive career, experience, and benefits in a World Class setting.
Summary of position: The Turf/Landscape Maintenance team performs a variety of labor related tasks to effectively maintain the Golf Course property, Landscapes and Residential areas of the resort for the enjoyment of our guests and members. The selected candidate will have a strong passion for the industry, showing high level of energy that overflow into how he/she delivers excellent level of service.
- Mowing turf areas, golf course set up, trim edges, clean up refuse, fertilize and water turf and landscape areas
- Move and install soil, mulch and plant material to assist with the construction & maintenance of landscapes
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to, ride on mowers, tractors, walk behind mowers, line trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning saws, sod cutters and chain saws.
- Conduct daily inspections on vehicles, tools, and equipment and report problems
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Perform other duties as directed by manager/supervisor within the resort property
At Fox Harb’r Resort, we know every employee is a valued part of the team. Our benefits include:
- Competitive wages
- Travel Fuel Allowance
- Discounts at the Resort’s Dining Areas; The Cape Cliff and Willard
- Discounts on Accommodations, Golf and Spa services & products
- Friends and Family Rates for overnight accommodations
- Complimentary use of the Junior Olympic Pool, Mineral Pool and Fitness Room
- Team Member rates for Golf, Sport Shooting, Kayaking, Trail Rides etc.
- Team Member Activities and Department Incentives
- Team Member Education Funding and Bursary Program
- Team Member housing availability
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs as required
- Enjoy working outdoors in all types of weather
- Working with Others
- Team Work
If you have the talent, dedication and level of commitment we’re looking for and would like to advance your career in hospitality at Fox Harb’r Resort, submit your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department, Ann Jeffreys
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Fox Harbour, NS B0K 1Y0
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.