Food & Beverage Server
Website Fox Harb'r Resort
Fox Harb’r Resort is a 5 Star, 4 Diamond property nestled along the coast of the Northumberland Strait.
Position Reports To: F&B Supervisor, Food & Beverage Director
General Description: Courtesy and efficiency are paramount in any Food Services capacity. The F&B Server plays a key role in the operation to maintain the necessary liaison with guests as well as a balanced relationship with fellow team members in the day-to-day operation. Professionalism and organizational skill are necessary for success in this position.
- Take a responsible role in day-to-day operation, maintaining and assisting others in the appearance and operating efficiency of all dining areas.
- To perform all aspects of service expectations and any necessary extra duties as assigned.
- To adhere to company policies and departmental procedures.
- To ensure all menu items are entered in POS quickly and correctly with follow up with kitchen team members.
- To become aware and knowledgeable of all menu specials, shortages or item specifics on a per shift/day basis as well as knowledge of existing menus.
- To ensure the cleanliness and proper storage of all products, tools and workspaces.
- To ensure all health regulations and food safety techniques are followed.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- To be diligent in reporting any breakage, incident or safety concern to supervisor or F&B Director.
- To ask for assistance in areas of service or procedural performance as needed.
- Maintain the security of information, key control areas, inventories and time management not only displaying responsible actions, but also encouraging them in others.
- Learn and know areas of product knowledge, service techniques and procedures.
- Completion of closing tasks such as reports preparation, checklist of completed duties and a synopsis of the shift/day/night where pertinent information is recorded for follow-up or as reporting for incoming team members.
- Closing tasks may also include the safe and clean state of departure from premises; ensuring areas are locked, closed or turned off as required.
Other Requirements :
- At least one year service experience
- Experience in luxury hotel or fine dining an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team effectively
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Additional Compensation
- Communications Skills
- Team Work
If you have the talent, dedication and level of commitment we’re looking for and would like to advance your career in hospitality at Fox Harb’r Resort, submit your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department, Ann Jeffreys
Mail: 1337 Fox Harbour Rd., Fox Harbour, NS B0K 1Y0
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.