Recreation Support Worker
Friends of the Sagewood Residents Society
This position is dedicated to meeting the leisure and recreation needs of all the residents of the Sagewood. The Recreation support worker will assist with supervising family visits as well as supporting residents in recreation programs and engaging residents in individual and small group activities.
Mostly evenings and weekend hours.
10-15 hours a week.
- Assesses leisure and recreational needs of each resident and engage the resident in the relevant programs.
- Works in consultation with the Recreation Therapist and Programmer
- Reports behavioral and/or physical changes of resident
- Monitors the safety and security of residents and volunteers during activities.
- Keeps accurate statistical records of resident activities.
- Works with residents, families and other departments to enhance lives of resident.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment using routine precautions and WHMIS and following the current COVID-19 guidelines for long-term care in Nova Scotia.
- Maintains supplies and resource material for resident activities, within approved budget.
- Demonstrates creativity and a positive attitude.
- Adapts to flexible scheduling as required to meet Recreational needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Therapeutic Recreation or Music Therapy students preferred
- Education and experience in long-term care, geriatrics, and dementia an asset.
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification preferred.
- Musical talents preferred.
- Brings enthusiasm and a positive attitude to work each day is required.
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Team Work
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: Janice.firstname.lastname@example.org