Garbage Truck Helper
Integrated Staffing Limited
A company with its roots in waste management dating back to the early 1960's, has grown from a two-truck operation in those days to a diverse waste management company today, providing a wide range of waste management services throughout the Maritimes.
Integrated Staffing has partnered with our client to recruit Truck Helpers/Pickers in the Truro area.
Our client, a company with its roots in waste management dating back to the early 1960’s, has grown from a two-truck operation in those days to a diverse waste management company today, providing a wide range of waste management services throughout the Maritimes. This company specializes in waste and recycling collection, dumpster bin rentals, compost & landscaping materials, processing and marketing of materials as well as the design, construction and operation of waste diversion facilities.
Truck Helpers/Pickers for this organization are responsible for assisting drivers in the routine collection of residential waste and recycling material in a given geographic territory by side-load or rear-load trucks and delivery of this material to disposal sites. This position will include physical exertion such as repetitive lifting, pushing and pulling receptacles that weigh from 50 to 75 pounds as part of their daily routine.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
– Able to perform the physical requirements of this position including but not limited to;
– Lifting, pushing and pulling receptacles that weigh between 50-70lbs repeatedly;
– Mounting and dismounting trucks repeatedly throughout their shift;
– Crouching, bending, standing and sitting repeatedly throughout their shift;
– Communicate professionally with customers and fellow employees at all times;
– Work required hours which includes overtime, weekend and/or holiday work but will vary by route;
– Work in all weather conditions such as hot or cold, wet or dry.
– Above the ankle Steel Toe Boots required;
– A reflective vest is ideal but one can be provided;
– Access to your own transportation is ideal or the ability to meet in the industrial park at 6:00am.
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your resume in confidence directly to [email protected]
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org