Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are now hiring for the position of Part-time Kitchen Helper to work in our flight kitchen located on the grounds of Halifax Airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
Kitchen Helper Job Summary:
- Assemble airline meals containing food and food related items
- Create “trays” based upon a predetermined gold standard
- Peel, chop, cut and slice food items including meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables, fruits and other food items
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
*Perks at Work*
Why come work for us….
- work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts (days/afternoons/nights),
- weekends and holidays
- work overtime when required
- arrive to work on-time
- pass a criminal background check
- complete paperwork
- communicate with supervisors and co-workers
- follow directions
- work as a member of a team
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Subject to cold temperatures(ranging from +10 degrees Celsius to at or below 0-degrees Celsius)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
Thinking- Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging- understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring- influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving- delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment criminal check.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
*Must have your own transportation due to limited bus service*
*Must be available to work holidays/weekends/ all shifts- mornings - 5AM, afternoons, nightsSalary Range: $12.31 per hour
- Working with Others
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Stress Management
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-647-951-3058
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other ground under applicable law.