After School Sports and Activities -Based Program
Physical Literacy Activities for Youth
P.L.A.Y. is a sport and activities-based program that runs M-F from 2 to 6 pm, set in 2 elementary schools in the East Hants area. Schools locations are: Elmsdale District Elementary and Maple Ridge Elementary Schools.
We are looking for candidates to work as a Group Leader with experience in leading instruction in sports and/or activities for elementary school-aged children. Instructors will be required to lead and demonstrate basic sports skills, lead games, and supervise and mentor elementary school-aged children.
P.L.A.Y. is looking for part time or casual staff as well. 8-16 hours per week
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and implement school-aged programming according to business programming outline and objectives
- Oversee daily activities to ensure a safe, positive and empowering environment for all students
- Be solution focused with the ability to adapt and manage situations as they arise
- Ability to supervise children in a variety of settings
- The ability to treat all students in a respectful, responsible and fair manner with due consideration to the student’s physical, social and psychological development
- The ability to apply fair and sound judgement when coping with chaotic or conflict situations
- The ability to lead and participate in recreational activities.
- The ability to promote and maintain confidentiality as the norm.
CAR, CRC/vulnerable sector check & First Aid required.Salary Range: $15 per hour
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Team Work
If you are interested please contact:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Call - 902-818-5045