Website Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport
Hilton Garden Inn
As a Maintenance Personnel at the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport you will be integral to our hotel operation.
- Performing repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, HVAC, and painting tasks.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, desks.
- Repairing door hinges, cleaning plugged key slots, changing filters on ventilating, heating, and air conditioning units.
- Servicing kitchen, appliances, and emergency equipment, reporting mechanical malfunctions to party for action.
- Activating and deactivating building alarms and responding to alarm calls after and during regular work hours.
- Maintain grounds in clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating and fertilizing lawns; replace plants as needed.
- Maintain grounds maintenance equipment.
- Maintain mechanical functions of shuttle buses.
- Preventive maintenance duties.
- Perform task related to work orders supplied by Housekeeping and Front Desk.
- Assist in pool and hot tub operation and care.
- Snow removal and other landscaping duties.
- Transporting Guests to and from Long Term Parking and Halifax Stanfield International Airport.
- Excellent travel benefits with over 3000 hotels worldwide
- Paid group insurance plan
- Free Staff Parking
Management Position? No
Entry- Level Position? Yes
Work Permit Needed? Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.Other Requirements :
- Multi-tasking proficiency.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Class 5 Driver's License required (class 4 preferred) Must be willing to obtain class 4 within 3 months of start date.
- WHMIS an asset.
- First Aid considered an asset.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of the function and operation of building HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems is an asset.
- Must be able to regularly lift 25 kg.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proper practical experience and/or certification in facilities maintenance, housekeeping/custodial, and/or skilled building trades field.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts inclusive of evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights.
- Working with Others
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
* Internal applicants please notify your manager prior to submitting your application