Website Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
As a Maintenance Personnel at the Hilton Garden Inn Halifax Airport you will be integral to our hotel operation.
- Performing repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, HVAC, and painting tasks.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, desks.
- Repairing door hinges, cleaning plugged key slots, changing filters on ventilating, heating, and air conditioning units.
- Servicing kitchen, appliances, and emergency equipment, reporting mechanical malfunctions to party for action.
- Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Activating and deactivating building alarms and responding to alarm calls after and during regular work hours.
- Maintain grounds in clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating and fertilizing lawns; replace plants as needed.
- Maintain grounds maintenance equipment.
- Maintain mechanical functions of shuttle buses.
- Preventive maintenance duties.
- Perform task related to work orders supplied by Housekeeping and Front Desk.
- Assist in pool and hot tub operation and care.
- Snow removal and other landscaping duties.
- Transporting Guests to and from Long Term Parking and Halifax Stanfield International Airport.
Excellent travel benefits with over 3000 hotels worldwide
Paid group insurance plan
Free Staff Parking
Management Position? No
Entry- Level Position? Yes
Work Permit Needed? Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Job Available: ImmediatelyOther Requirements :
- Multi-tasking proficiency.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Class 5 Driver's License required (class 4 preferred) Must be willing to obtain class 4 within 3 months of start date.
- WHMIS an asset.
- First Aid considered an asset.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of the function and operation of building HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems is an asset.
- Must be able to regularly lift 25 kg.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proper practical experience and/or certification in facilities maintenance, housekeeping/custodial, and/or skilled building trades field.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts inclusive of evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights.
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Team Work
Fax 902-873-1800 or email [email protected]
* Internal applicants please notify your manager prior to submitting your application.