Website Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
We are currently looking for a full-time Maintenance Person. At Holiday Inn Express® we want our guests to rest and feel energized and ready for the day ahead which means we need team members to demonstrate the following service behaviors:
- Make a Connection – show guests that they are important and make them feel at ease by taking time to acknowledge them in a friendly way
- Be Helpful – familiarize yourself with all the services in the hotel and the local area to answer any question and give guests what they need to find their own way
- Be Efficient – take ownership and play your part to get things done by making things easier for guests; doing as much as in advance and multi-task when you need to
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Focus on consistent delivery of Holiday Inn Standards for guest service, Mission, and Values
- Working closely with other departments to ensure exceptional service
- Answering guest inquiries in a timely and accurate manner
- Contribute to achieving the loyalty of our guests by exceeding their expectations and providing warm personal service
- Performing repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, HVAC, and painting tasks.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, desks.
- Repairing door hinges, cleaning plugged key slots, changing filters on ventilating, heating, and air conditioning units.
- Servicing kitchen, appliances, and emergency equipment, reporting mechanical malfunctions to party for action.
- Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Activating and deactivating building alarms and responding to alarm calls after and during regular work hours.
- Maintain grounds in clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating and fertilizing lawns; replace plants as needed.
- Maintain grounds maintenance equipment.
- Maintain mechanical functions of shuttle buses.
- Preventive maintenance duties.
- Perform task related to work orders supplied by Housekeeping and Front Desk.
- Assist in pool and hot tub operation and care.
- Snow removal and other landscaping duties.
- Transporting Guests to and from Long Term Parking and Halifax Stanfield International Airport.
Excellent travel benefits with IHG hotels worldwide
Group insurance plan
Free Staff Parking
Discounted staff meals
MetroX Bus stops just outside hotel entrance
* Internal applicants please notify your manager prior to submitting your application.Other Requirements :
- Must be approachable, open-minded and possess excellent listening skills
- Must possess the skills to quickly, tactfully resolve and defuse guest and/or employee concerns and ensure the appropriate follow up is carried out
- Proven ability to effectively handle stressful situations, be receptive to change and increased demands
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organization skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast paced environment
- Proven positive interaction skills
- Strong team player
- Multi-tasking proficiency.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Class 5 Driver's License required (class 4 preferred) Must be willing to obtain class 4 within 3 months of start date.
- WHMIS an asset.
- First Aid considered an asset.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of the function and operation of building HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems is an asset.
- Must be able to regularly lift 25 kg.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proper practical experience and/or certification in facilities maintenance, housekeeping/custodial, and/or skilled building trades field.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts inclusive of evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights.
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Problem Solving
- Time Management