Holiday Inn Express
We are currently looking for Room Attendants. At Holiday Inn Express® we want our guests to rest and feel energized and ready for the day ahead which means we need team members to demonstrate the following service behaviors:
- Make a Connection – show guests that they are important and make them feel at ease by taking time to acknowledge them in a friendly way
- Be Helpful – familiarize yourself with all the services in the hotel and the local area to answer any question and give guests what they need to find their own way
- Be Efficient – take ownership and play your part to get things done by making things easier for guests; doing as much as in advance and multi-task when you need to
Areas of Accountability:
- Exceed guest expectations by ensuring we provide superior service and teamwork:
- Ensure all hotel services are delivered efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Consistently communicate information and requests to Manager to ensure teamwork generates exceptional guest service.
- Ensure rooms security by maintaining effective key control and confidentiality.
- Motivate self and co-workers by displaying excellence in customer service.
Maintain clean and safe working conditions within department and hotel:
- Notify management of any problems or discrepancies.
- Take corrective action, where required, to improve safety of work areas.
- Follow IHG 5 Ways of Clean procedures
Perform tasks specific to Guest Services team:
- Clean all areas of guest rooms in a thorough, timely and efficient manner, as per hotel standards.- 16 rooms per day
- Monitor and maintain daily stock levels of linens and supplies
- Report lost and found items as per policy
- Maintain guest safety and security by following set procedures
- Record and report any repairs as per hotel procedure
- Dispose of waste according to hotel recycling procedures
- Any other work assigned by the Director of Housekeeping or Supervisory team
- Focus on consistent delivery of Holiday Inn Standards for housekeeping, Mission, and Values
- Resolve any areas of concern relating to the safety and security of guests or staff.
- Maintain high level of integrity by respecting the privacy of guests and associates.
- Ensure management is informed of all unusual activity and matters of significance.
- Perform all duties in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Able to work independently
- Must be able to bend, extend arm reach over head, kneel and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Must be able to push, pull and maneuver a fully stocked cart
- Available for work weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Previous cleaning or hotel-related experience an asset
- Excellent travel benefits with IHG hotels worldwide
- Group insurance plan
- Free Staff Parking
- Discounted staff meals
- MetroX Bus stops just outside hotel entrance
- Working with Others
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work