Website J.D. Irving - Sproule Lumber
At J.D. Irving Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J. D. Irving, Limited is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 16,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
J.D. Irving Limited is currently seeking candidates for Millwright at the Truro Sawmill:
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment
- Machine troubleshooting, repair, assembly, preventative maintenance
- Reading blue print and sketches proficiently to fabricate equipment and make modifications
- Repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains; hydraulics & pneumatics; welding/cutting; and using power tools
- Trade Certification as a licensed Industrial Mechanic Welding Certification is an asset.
- 2-5 years of experience in maintenance in an industrial environment
- Sawmill experience is desirable.
- Experience working with stationary equipment used in some type of production process.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is committed to working safe, while focused on improving production and maintaining quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficiency in hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting is required.
- Working with Others
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
Please apply online by June 30, 2019
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.