Retail Butcher/Meat Cutter
We are a small independent grocer under a Loblaw banner.
Retail Butcher /Meat cutter to prepare standard cuts of meat, and poultry for sale in retail establishment.
- Cut, trim, and otherwise prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry, for sale at self-serve counters or according to customers’ orders.
- Prepare special displays of meat and poultry.
- Manage inventory, keep records of sales and determine amount, product line and freshness of products according to company and customer requirements
- Ensure food storage conditions are adequate.
- We are looking for someone with at least a high school graduation certificate who has at least 1 year experience in a similar position who can work flexible hours - mornings, days, evenings, and some weekends.
- Need to be able to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment, and can stand for extended periods.
- Need to be able to handle the physical demands such as handling heavy loads.
- Also need experience with the use of a power grinder, manual cutting utensil, band saw, and sausage machine and can do so in a cold environment.
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
- Team Work
Please drop in - 81 Cow Bay Road,
Email to [email protected],