Machinists – Seeking Recent Grads!
Website Kelly Services
We at Kelly Services are looking for recent graduates of Machining or Mechanical Engineering Technology programs to work with our client Pratt & Whitney Canada on a short term 4-6-month contract in Enfield, NS that could be extended into a permanent position with Pratt & Whitney Canada! As the successful candidate, you will be required to work 12-hour rotating shifts. You have great attention to detail, enjoy completing repetitive tasks, and have the skill set listed below. You will be welcomed into a safe, clean and respectful environment where teamwork is encouraged. We would also be interested in speaking with current students in these programs entering your second year to work part-time (evenings and weekends).
You will be mentored by seasoned professionals in the Aerospace field on how to machine complex magnesium, titanium and aluminum aircraft engine cases. Your responsibilities will include utilizing both CNC lathe and milling machining methods to meet the demands of a 24/7 production schedule.
Schedule & hours: Rotating 12-hour shifts; days, nights and weekends
Location: Enfield, NS
Duration: 4-6 months
Start date: August 2019
Starting wage: $20.40/hour
4% vacation pay
Health & Dental Benefits coverage available, starting on your first day!
- 2-year degree or diploma in an engineering discipline with CNC machining exposure; Machining or Mechanical Engineering Technology programs
- Knowledge and experience with CNC machining, and manual machining
- Knowledge of computer application basics
- Knowledge and understanding of technical drawing literacy (GD&T)
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Personal, reliable, transportation
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- Favourable Credit Check
- CSA safety footwear – steel toe shoes
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Computer Skills
- Time Management
- Team Work
Interested? E-mail your resume to Amanda McNutt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant, and you will be contacted. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.