We are seeking a meat processor to work in our Wallace, NS processing plant.
This position will also include occasional farm duties as required.
Pastured Perfection : At Holdanca Farms, we focus on three main goals: raising free-range animals who lead happy, healthy lives; working with our environment to maintain sustainable practices; and producing healthy and delicious products for your table.
With careful management, we strive to achieve these goals through our pastures. Working with the ecosystem, forages, and soil; our unique process is how we produce perfection.
The processing plant processes chicken, beef, pork and lamb from our pastured raised farm retail and wholesale markets.
- Cut, clean and trim meat prior to marketing or further processing
- Record production information
- Set up and operate machines to cut, bag, box or otherwise package meat products
- Permanent, full time
- 30 – 40 hours every week
- Working hours from 8:00pm to 4:00pm
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye coordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching and kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Farm based job, there will be opportunities to explore other interests and activities on site
Work Site Environment
- English Language
- Secondary (high) school education - graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- Must have own transportation
- Team player, Effective interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Reliability
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
- Team Work
To apply email email@example.com