Brookside Abattoir is managed by Northumberland Lamb Marketing Co-op, supplying lambs year-round to retailers and some of the best restaurants in Nova Scotia.
We are currently seeking a part-time Meat Processor at the Abattoir where the lambs are received and processed for market.
- Stamina to perform physically demanding and repetitive tasks
- Adaptable with strong time management skills
- Proven effectiveness as a cooperative team player
- Experience in not necessary; employer is prepared and willing to train
- Processing; cleaning, cutting and packaging product for market
- Operate various tools and equipment safely, efficiently and with confidence
- Demonstrated a positive attitude and dependability
- Commitment to adhering to strict policies and guidelines as outlined by CFIA and HACCP
- Starting wage is $13.00 per hour; negotiable depending on skills and experience
- Position will offer 16-24 hours per week; schedule can be negotiated to accommodate other part-time jobs, or childcare needs.
- All safety gear and PPE will be provided
- Valid Driver’s License is an asset, but not mandatory
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
Apply in person, 24 Brookside Branch Road, Bible Hill or via email to [email protected]