Director of Economic and Business Development
Website Municipality of East Hants
The Municipality is currently recruiting for a Director of Economic & Business Development. This position reports directly to the Chief Administrative Officer.
As a key member of our Senior Management team, the Director of Economic and Business Development is responsible for economic and business development in the Municipality, including strategic and operational planning, the attraction and retention of businesses in East Hants and overall responsibility for the Municipality’s business parks.
The Director also acts as the authority and advisor on economic development to Council and the CAO, and acts as an advisor on economic development in the private sector.Other Requirements :
- University degree in Commerce, Business Administration or related field, Ec.D. designation would be an asset
- 5+ years of experience in Industrial /Commercial Development, Real Estate Sales and/or Marketing
- Extensive knowledge of municipal government, planning and economic development legislation, development approval processes, business park development,
infrastructure requirements for business development, project management and taxation structures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with citizens, business owners, developers, financiers and other government agencies
- Knowledge of research methodology and statistics, management practices, financial management, contract management, banking and real estate practices
- Strong project management skills and negotiation techniques
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
For a complete job description and to apply online, visit: easthants.ca/employment.