Before and After School Program Coordinator
Municipality of the County of Colchester - Recreation Services
The Municipality of the County of Colchester is accepting applications for both a Before and After School Program Coordinator and Program Assistant to facilitate a quality comprehensive program for children in Pre-Primary to Grade six at Tatamagouche Regional Academy. The role of these positions requires the successful candidates to be organized, energetic and positive and interested in assisting children in Colchester County to grow through healthy living. The incumbents will report to the Manager of Recreation Services and the Active Communities Coordinator and will maintain communication to confirm priorities, ongoing direction and reporting. The responsibility areas include, but are not limited to: enforcing health and safety procedures; monitor day to day operations of the Before and After School program; ensure program quality; session preparation and delivery; greet, engage and monitor participants as required; assist in data collection and evaluation; preform administrative tasks as required (record keeping, final report, parent/guardian communication etc.).
- To plan and implement a consistent child centered program in accordance with the Standards and Provincial Standards.
- Responsible to assist with program activities that are varied, flexible, age appropriate, and promote all areas of development.
- Create a physical and social environment offering full range of self-directed; small group play.
- Responsible to follow the Nova Scotia Before and After program guidelines which will provide participants with a
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child.
- To assist children who have physical, emotional or intellectual challenges or visual, hearing or speech impairments and assist with providing an integrated program
- To help assess the child’s development physically, emotionally, socially, creatively and intellectually.
- To provide a program that is challenging and adapted to meet the needs of the child.
- To fully integrate the child with other children by providing activities that is based on success and not failure in an integrated setting.
- To assist special needs children in all self-help activities
- To prepare environment, equipment, program and material for special needs child /children.
- To monitor and provide documentation on the child’s performance.
- To communicate orally and in writing with parents, professionals and the Municipality of the County of Colchester your child’s/children’s needs, goals, individual Learning Plan, progress and concerns in a professional manner.
- To assist other Early Learning Educators in program.
- To meet the needs of the child/children
- To document and plan in accordance with the Nova Scotia Before and After Program.
- Licensing requirements – correspondence with provincial licensing staff, ensure all paperwork is for licensing inspections
- Monthly Newsletter, attendance sheets, weekly logs etc.
- Enrollment and registrations
- ⦁ Parent Concerns
- Open communication to the Municipality of the County of Colchester Recreation Services Department
- To keep the facilities, equipment and supplies clean and orderly in accordance with the Provincial Standards.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Nova Scotia Before and After Program employee policy and Child Protection manuals.
- To be in the classroom ready to work at the start of each shift.
- To adhere to the Nova Scotia Childcare Standards and Daycare Act written by Education Early Childhood Development.
- To attend staff meetings with all partners as required.
- To be responsible to attend training sessions when requested.
- To communicate and interact with parents and staff on a professional basis and to
work as part of a team willing to assist staff if called upon
- To assist in the recording of data pertaining to the development of each on a quarterly basis in order to complete Progress Reports.
- Responsible to wear appropriate clothing for working in a child centered environment
- Monthly Fire Safety Checks and fire drills are completed and recorded
- Other duties as assigned by employer
This position reports to the Manager of Recreation Services.Other Requirements :
These positions requires individuals to:
- Hold a degree or diploma in an area of early childhood studies or organized recreation setting : relevant education and proven experience will also be considered
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificates
- Be willing to supply clear and recent Criminal Record, Vulnerable Sector and Nova Scotia Child Abuse Registry Checks
- Attend all training sessions
- Have own transportation to multiple work sites
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Be high energy, flexible, eager to take initiative and passionate about working with children.
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Team Work
Municipality of the County of Colchester
1 Church Street
Truro, Nova Scotia B2N 3Z5
Attention: Active Communities Coordinator
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 902 897 3185