Respite Support Worker
North Region Respite Services
Northern Region Respite Services recruits and screens respite workers. Respite workers are added to a database and referred to families.
Respite Workers are hired by families and are not employed by Northern Region Respite Services. Responsibilities are determined by the family, depending on the needs of the individual (i.e. requests the respite worker to focus on community integration and social interaction).
The Respite Worker is responsible for the following:
- Providing in-home respite care or out-of home care, depending on the needs of the family and of the individual requiring respite.
- Experience working with individuals living with disabilities an asset.
- Outgoing, sociable, and willing to take initiative an asset.
- Compassionate, trustworthy, patient, and reliable an asset.
- First Aid Certification, Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Three Reference Checks.
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Team Work
Please submit resume via email to Amanda at [email protected]