Administrative Assistant & Recreation Co-ordinator
North Shore Recreation Centre
The Administrative Assistant & Recreation Co-ordinator will assist the manager in day-to-day operations. Assist in the marketing of events and update social media. Responsible for managing the overall operations of the North Shore Recreation Centre.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND GENERAL DUTIES :
- Prepares and issues in a timely manner the monthly financial statements and other supporting schedules necessary for reports of the Centres operation.
- Preforms accounts payable, receivable and payroll duties, Bank deposits and bank reconciliations , Government remittance, and pay annual fees.
- Attend community meetings accompanied by, or in lieu of Manager / President as required.
- Coordinate marketing opportunities to promote awareness and participation in recreation programs and services, special events and recreation facilities.
- Establish objectives, priorities and long-range goals to meet community needs for recreation programs, services and facilities.
- Use evaluation techniques to determine the effectiveness of recreation programs and services.
- Seek out, recommend and administer funding programs to maximize recreation opportunities.
- Establish and maintain liaisons with various community groups and organizations in matters pertaining to recreation programs, services and facility development in Tatamagouche.
- Establish partnerships with external regional community groups and/or organizations that promote recreation.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned. As a representative of North Shore Recreation Centre, all employees are expected to keep a neat, clean and tidy appearance and to be pleasant, helpful and respectful to the public and workplace.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: QUALIFICATIONS
- 10-15 hours per week, flexible hours but must include minimum of one evening (2-3 hrs ) during off season on a regular basis. ( May to September) .
- Lunch break: one half hour (unpaid). Mid-morning/afternoon 10-15 minute paid break.
- Vacation pay will be included in earnings bi-weekly.
- Experience with a broad range of computer software application.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in grant writing and awareness of resources that exists to assist with recreation programming costs.
- Experience with and understanding of effective advertising and promotional techniques.
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s Licence.
- Successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector (VS) check, and a Nova Scotia Department of Community Services Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Work experience in community recreation and special event programming. Trustworthy. Self-motivator and also good team player.
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Computer Skills
- Team Work
Send resumé and cover letter to Kelly Tucker, c/o NSRC . PO Box 80 , Tatamagouche , NS, B0K 1V0. [email protected]
Application deadline: 4pm June 1, 2019