Gallery and Visitor Information Centre (VIC) Assistant
Northumberland Arts Council
Promotes arts, crafts and cultural activities on the North Shore
The Gallery/VIC Assistant will be responsible for the smooth day-to-day operation of the Visitor Information Centre, the Gallery and Gallery Shop located in the Fraser building at 362 Main St, Tatamagouche. The role involves welcoming the visiting public as well as working closely with the Gallery Coordinator and other Board of Directors of the Northumberland Arts Council. This is an opportunity to learn, to show initiative and to develop personal strengths.
- To familiarize yourself with the Northumberland Shore Area so as to provide accurate and timely information to visitors to the Visitor Information Centre.
- To oversee the building security, cleanliness and public access, ensuring at all times the safety and enjoyment of visitors, staff and volunteers.
- To maintain a daily log of attendance figures and other statistics as required.
- To familiarize yourself with the artworks and artisan craft work on display so as to be able to answer any questions about them from visitors or buyers.
- To accept payments for sales and prepare items for transport if required.
- To work with artists and others to prepare the gallery and other temporary exhibition spaces and participate fully in exhibition installations and dismantling, ensuring the safe handling of equipment and the artworks on display.
- To assist in office tasks which may include some on line research, writing and web site updates.
- To be reliable.
- To open and close The Fraser building on time.
- To carry out any other duties which may be reasonably required by the Gallery Coordinator and board members.
This job opportunity is a component of the Canadian Government Youth Employment Strategy. Applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred Foreign Students are not eligible. A valid Social Insurance Number is required.Salary Range: $11.55 per hour for a working week of 37.5 hours
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Continuous Learning
- Computer Skills
- Time Management
- Team Work
Email your resume and cover letter to Northumberland Arts Council at [email protected]
Interviews may start before closing date.