Continuing Care Assistants (CCA) – Homecare – Full Time; Part Time
Northwood is Nova Scotia’s original senior citizen advocate, dating back to 1962. Since that time, we have led the way as Nova Scotia’s most dynamic continuing care organization committed to innovation and change. We are the largest not-for-profit continuing care organization in Atlantic Canada and have a staff of more than 1,700. We are continuously recognized as a great place to work, with the distinction of being one of Nova Scotia’s Top Employers as well as a Top Employer in Atlantic Canada.
We are looking for dynamic individuals to be part of our home care team in the following zones:
- Halifax Mainland, Clayton Park, Spryfield and St. Margaret’s Bay
- Bedford, Sackville, Mount Uniacke, Windsor to Walton
- Cole Harbour, Porter’s Lake, Musqudoboit Harbour, Ship Harbour to Sheet Harbour and Ecum Secum
We are currently offering a $1,000 New Hire Incentive for CCAs in Home Support; Other incentives are also available. (Some conditions apply, please inquire for more details)
Reporting to the Home Support Supervisor, the CCA/HSW is responsible for providing service to clients in accordance with the individual care plan.
- Provide personal care (e.g., bathing, dressing, grooming)
- Perform light housekeeping duties
- Meal preparation
- Provide respite for families and care givers
- Documentation (e.g., reporting client concerns, progress notes, incident reports)
- Completes other tasks as required
- International Students in Canada with a Nursing degree can apply.
- Nursing/LPN students currently enrolled in a program can apply.
- Students of Continuing Care Assistant Program (CCA) who are about to complete the program can apply.
- Interested applicants must have a Continuing Care Assistant Provincial Certificate/PSW, be a recent graduate of a CCA program, or be a current PLAR candidate.
- Valid Driver’s licence and reliable vehicle required.
- Completion of Standard First Aid and CPR C.
- Alzheimer/Dementia care course.
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and clinical skills.
- Able to maintain regular and consistent attendance.
Salary Range: As per NSGEU Collective Agreement
- Working with Others
- Document Use
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Time Management
- Stress Management
Visit our Northwood Career Page at the following link:
Please attach a current resume when applying.
Northwood is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.