Home Care Worker (Non-Medical)
Website Osprey Angels Home Care Services
Quality home care services for seniors
Osprey Angels is a non-medical home-care agency that provides in-home, non-medical care. We are looking for compassionate caregivers who wish to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
Osprey Angels is currently recruiting non-qualified CCA (casual).
We are looking for the candidates in Halifax metro including Bedford, Dartmouth, Sackville, etc.
We are searching for candidates for a casual pool. You must be available to work evening and weekends and backshifts.
Roles include but not limited to the following:
- Running errands
- Light housekeeping
- Respite services
- Communicate clearly and professionally using a variety of communication media.
- Apply environmental safety and security measures
- Provide appropriate personal care, bathing, dressing, assistance with ambulation/re-positioning, activities/programming
- Use proper body mechanics while performing duties.
- Respond and/or seek appropriate help when any change occurs in individuals’ conditions
- Documents and reports as per Osprey Angels
- Demonstrate appropriate, respectful and professional behavior
- Maintain good personal, physical and mental health. Including physical activity to ensure willingness and capability to meet physical demands of position
- Protect own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services
Required Education, skills and Qualifications:
- First Aid/CPR is must.
- Requires effective communication, time management, organization and relationship building skills
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, clean driver’s abstract and own reliable transportation
- Applicants must be able to provide references and submit a criminal record check upon hiring
- Individuals must be able to work evenings, weekends and split shifts
- Willingness to accept supervision by a designated nurse
- One-year experience in long-term care or home care preferred
- Ability to maintain good relationships with patients, families and co-workers
- Food handlers course an asset
You must be certified in First Aid and CPR, have a valid driver’s license with a reliable car, clean driver’s abstract and submit a criminal record check upon hiring. Candidates who are having these only need to apply.
- Working with Others
- Communications Skills
- Time Management
- Team Work
Please send a resume and cover letter to email: email@example.com and use the subject line "Home care worker position". No phone calls, please.
Given the number of candidates applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.